Monday, May 21, 2007

The other day someone said to me:

“You’re guarded.”

To which I replied:

“I am not!”

“Yes you are. Now you are being guarded!”

“Where got? How else do you expect me to respond?”

“You don’t let anyone in. You think you’re fooling everyone, but most of the time you’re not.”

“No lar, I always tell people stuff, even down to all the nitty gritty stuff! I think most of the time I come almost to the point of being irrititating and TOO informative. How is that guarded?”

“That’s my point, you think if you tell people these stuff, you can select what you want to reveal. That way, you hope people don’t question about what REALLY matters.”

“…”





Well, this conversation has really got me thinking. Am I being guarded without even realizing? I mean, I talk to my friends all the time about what’s bothering me, what makes me happy, what pisses me off… what else is there?

Anyway, on a lighter note, I borrowed Ally McBeal’s season 4 from the library the other day. Man, fond memories! The show was really different from the shows you’d get on air these days. And Robert Downey Jr.’s really hot!!!! And the soundtrack, most of it by Vonda Shepard is pretty good too! Granted, it’s pretty forlorn and stuff… but it’s fitting.


No comments: