Sunday, September 24, 2006

*aww... doesn't this picture make you go all gooey and soft? and rush off to make a baby?! for me, living with 3 kids is just amazing. my 'maternal' skills/instincts are honed to perfection like a decade before they're actually needed :) but don't get any ideas k? the only baby you're going to see me making are my dismal results :(



*as mentioned in the previous post, i headed home for the weekend to catch up on all the homeliness i missed out in the last 2 weeks. as usual, my family did not disappoint, we did 'together' stuff all weekend, especially lots of activity that involved baking :) you'll see later...



**p.s: before you continue reading, i felt i should warn you that this post is fairly redundant... and maybe bordering on boring? anyway, just thought you should know :P


bro's first attempt (also his attempt to look like a 'grown-up)


this was so funny, dad wanted to impress max, ended up putting a hole in his dough :)
usually it ends well (and taste well, of course) haha


the most important task: the cheese!!!




masters at work




the end product.. yum~



*not contented with just dominating the kitchen, the two boys(?) proceeded to do some stone-painting

**sorry, forgotten to take a pic of the completed stones, they were really cute though





*as for me, this was what went down.

*after slaving away for 7 hours, i produced 3 types of baked goodies.

*first up were banana cupcakes:



*next up were my signature chocolate chips cookies



*then came something i haven't made in a while. based on photographic evidence, i believe the last time i made this was in april last year :)
glad to report that i haven't lost my skills/touch












seeing all the critics' reviews, you sure you don't want a slice?! :) [aha, perasannya me~]


'i like to move it, move it'~~~


bro unleasing his inner monster :P

*as promised, pictures of my new bag :)





*it was a lazy sunday for my family, we took our time getting ready... till our grumbling stomachs couldn't take it anymore. officially sick of subaidah, dad introduced us to what he called: 'the real indian thosai'. yum, i like the sound of that :)

*the place in question was what i expected it to be, small, bright and filled with the smell of so much goodness. another important point: it was clean.

*though i have to say that i was a little afraid of the owner of the place, he was this old indian man... with the voice that resembled thunder.. haha, but when my dad walked in later, it was all smiles.

*you could tell my dad has been frequenting this place quite often: i asked for mutton curry twice (!) and it still didn't arrive, whereas i got my dad to ask for me (told him his face 'bigger' than mine in this shop) , it came promptly :(




my cute sotong with her equally cute thosai :)


creamy, frothy and downright sinful~




chutney~


the kid in me getting all excited over a 'standing' thosai


a place in town, near Bunga Raya which serves authentic indian food (and all the dishes pictured above)




malacca's own 'indian street'




not really sure whether this counts as a 'skyline'.. but i guess you get my drift


lil' mischievious fingers at work again!


mischief managed~

No comments: